Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sixth Midwife Appointment

(I think it's the sixth) Anyway, not too much going on today. Baby is moving lots, which is great. My blood pressure is fine (I'm assuming, she forgot to tell me the numbers today), urine tests normal, etc. This was the first time I've been to an appointment without my husband. I should have made a list, because there were a couple of things that I forgot to talk about since he wasn't there. I love having an involved husband, but it doesn't mean that I want him to hear all of my questions. He's told me that I can kick him out of the room, but that feels wrong, too. Regardless, I had my toddler with me today (100% so that I could take HOV lanes home, otherwise the fifteen minute trip could have taken an hour) and he freaked out when they pulled out the stethoscope since he currently has a medical phobia so this kind of cut things short. I felt so bad for my baby screaming at the thought that Mommy might be hurt (or that he was next, I'll go with the former). So not the best appointment, but many more to come, so I won't feel like I missed out on too much.

One thing that I did mention was my continuing exhaustion, which most likely is due to #1 rarely sleeping through the night. So next time they'll do bloodwork to check my iron and Vitamin D levels. I'm guessing though that it is purely related to poor sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment