Monday, May 31, 2010

The price of vanity

Here's a tip, ladies: keep up with the waxing! Not having an income, and not having worn a bathing suit since well before #1's birth, I have been very lax with the bikini waxes. In fact, it has been nearly a year since my last one. We're going on vacation this week, and the hotel has a pool, so here was an excellent excuse to get back into the habit. That and I am vain enough to want to be presentable during childbirth (because I'm sure that that is the only thing my midwife will think about). OOOOOOOWWWWWWWW! Getting a bikini wax after not having one for a while is painful, and can lead to some bleeding. Now add in six months of pregnancy. My poor, violated skin is still slightly swollen, and there isn't really anything I can do about it. Maybe sitting on some ice. Anyway, my vanity is such that I still think it was worth it, but I also made another appointment in four weeks, because this time I will not let things go for so long.

Oh, and I don't mind if you're laughing at me, I am too, even through the pain.

2 comments:

  1. I've never gotten a bikini wax. I actually never had anything waxed. I just shave, but I can see how that would become very difficult with a huge belly. Maybe I'll get Shadi to do it for me :D

    Have lots of fun on your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm part Eastern European, I don't have a choice! Shaving is a lot more difficult now, even just my legs. I'm not to the point where the belly is in the way so much that with 30-50% more blood in my body it seems to want to come out and I get nicked much, much more easily.

    ReplyDelete