Sunday, May 23, 2010

I feel pretty!

Or at least I did for the afternoon. I shaved, did full make-up, did my hair, put on a lovely (pink) outfit, and met a friend for formal afternoon tea and a chick flick. Then I came home, pulled my hair back, and put my regular clothes back on. I love, love, love being a stay at home mom. I love being pregnant and that I'm creating another life inside of me. But, oh, I do miss dressing up on a regular basis (even if just for work). My husband and I in general are homebodies (well, we're frugal, and it's easier to be frugal if you stay at home), so it's not like I had a wild social life before settling down with child(ren). But we did at least get really dressed up a few times a year for an "event". Where we live now doesn't really have a lot of "dress-up" events and I sorely miss them. I'm an anachronism and would be perfectly happy to have to "dress" for dinner every night (you know, one that was prepared by the cook and served by the maids/butler). But then again, the grass is always greener. Anyway, it was nice to have my afternoon fantasy, be a girly girl and have a break. And I can't wait until my children are old enough to share the experience with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment