Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sick baby

Okay, so toddler, presumably the baby is fine. Unlike pretty much every other mom I know, I have little experience in this. I've been super lucky that my toddler has been really sick twice: when he was four and a half months old (two weeks before the end of my working) he picked up RSV from daycare and gave it to me and my husband. Since I had two weeks left of work, daddy stayed home from work to take care of him and I dragged myself into work half dead. Then there was swine flu. My son was fine after two days, and we know what happened to me. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 1. the illness is fast and 2. that I don't get it.

Right now he's just feverish (yay, nothing to give him for that, thanks McNeill Pharmaceuticals!!) with a slightly runny nose and super, super clingy. He did not want me to put him down from when he got up from his nap. Made making dinner for company tonight a snap. I'll check his temperature again in the morning and give him a cool (bubble) bath if it hasn't gone down yet. And my husband gets home tomorrow afternoon. He was THRILLED to hear about the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment