Thursday, May 6, 2010

Going Organic, it's not just about you

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/06/AR2010050603813.html?hpid=moreheadlines

Basically, the world we live in is a toxic cesspool. There is no way that an individual can eliminate all of the toxins in their environment, but anything that you can do to limit your exposure and creation of more is a good thing. So: buy organic (everything that you can afford, start with food, move on to clothes, if you can). But buy less. Clean with non-toxic cleaners (better yet, make your own, although I'll admit that I'm not there yet), and use less. Grow (some) of your own food; nothing says local like your back yard. Drive less. Do, less. I know, I'm repeating myself, but the idea that fetal cord blood has toxins in it freaks me out. We want to do everything that we can to protect our children and sometimes that also means doing less (stuff).

No comments:

Post a Comment