Saturday, May 15, 2010

Projects done??

I've written extensively about this but, I'll do it again anyway: get as much stuff done as soon as possible so that you have some time to relax before baby comes. Obviously nearly everyone will need to get a baby's room done, and sometimes that means waiting for baby showers to finish up. But anything else you have planned around the house, get it done quickly! Last time, it was painting our house (since I got pregnant a month after we moved in). This time it's building built-in bookcases and finally (after way too long), getting my books organized. Well, the shelves are officially done as of this afternoon!!! I've got all of the fiction (about half the total) organized, now comes the more difficult part of organizing the non-fiction (Dewey Decimal, of course). But, what a sense of relief to have the heavy lifting done! I'm about to enter the third trimester and while we still need to buy new furniture for #1, move baby furniture into #2's nursery and get a few others things done, they are all relatively short & easy projects by comparison. I might get to relax this time after all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure my gifts to you wont come until maybe just before #2 is born. Sorry. :( But I'm happy that you'll have some time to relax and have everything ready for your beautiful baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certainly not going to complain, a gift is a gift, regardless of when it comes! (you know, as long as it still fits :) )

    ReplyDelete