Monday, May 31, 2010

Long weekend?

Okay, not really a good excuse, just that I haven't had a lot to say and I've been tuckered out! But, my husband and I made a lot of progress on our house projects this weekend, I think the biggest one being that we bought a ton of furniture today: all new bedroom furniture for #1's room (a big-boy bed, I'm a little sad about that) and a new couch for our entertainment room. Got to love the Memorial Day sales! They'll be arriving in 4-6 weeks, which gives us time to get the carpets cleaned and windows washed (it's a two story house, we pay someone for this-inside & out! [we do everything else ourselves!!]) before setting up the new stuff. I'm partially excited and partially terrified by how much money we just spent (even though we did have it saved for this very purpose, I still hate spending money on big stuff). Overall, however, I'm feeling much better about how much we've gotten done now. Only about ten weeks left!!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about spending money. Even if we save for it and have the money, sometimes spending just makes me feel like a horrible person.

    I spend $4k last week on plane tickets for 4 people. Granted, $2k of it wasn't mine, but I still spent it. It was very, very odd.

    ReplyDelete