Friday, April 16, 2010

Fifth Midwife appt

Okay, it was on Tuesday. Not a particularly mind-blowing appointment, just a nice, routine one. We listened to BabyGirl's heartbeat. My blood pressure is its normal low. My urine tests were all neg. (normal) At 22 weeks I'm not experiencing anything unusual. One thing I will add is that my husband makes sure to make it to every single appointment. Which is fantastic, and I'm sure many women would like to have such involved husbands. But I've also realized that there are a couple of things that I'm not entirely comfortable talking about in front of him. Like my complete lack of libido. I mean, he knows about it, but I'd kind of like to talk to my midwife without him around so that I don't feel like I need to apologize for it, too. So as much as I'm ticked off with my darling husband's next work travel (leaving on Mother's Day, for goodness sake!), I am looking forward to having an appointment all to myself that week. I just need to remember that this is the time to talk about everything I want to discuss privately.

No comments:

Post a Comment