Saturday, April 24, 2010

Burping

My lovely topic of conversation tonight is on one of the side effects of having less room for your stomach: more burping. I didn't really experience this last time, but, oh, now I am. Since dinner is usually my largest meal, even when I'm not overdoing it, this is when I feel it the most. I'm not really having heartburn most of the time (thank goodness!), but I'll just start burping nearly non-stop as I'm digesting. I start feeling a little bit of acid in the back of my throat. Then the worst: the burps start bringing up bits of food, too. (This is probably not helped at all by me spending a significant amount of time after dinner hunched over my computer, but this is my ONLY free time of the day, so I'll deal.) I'm sure that there are some fixes, eating less would probably be one of them, but if I stretch out the snacks (which would then be needed) too late, they interfere with my sleeping anyway. Going for a walk after dinner would be a good idea, if I didn't have a sleeping toddler upstairs. So I'm going to just leave it as a complaint and hope I'm not alone with my new development.

No comments:

Post a Comment