Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Back pain & Belly support

I've been wearing a belly support belt for about three weeks now. Unfortunately, it also irritates my skin because it attaches to itself with velcro, and it doesn't line up perfectly. So I have a couple of open sores on my belly now. I know, totally gross. So for the last two days I've been skipping the belt to give my poor skin a chance to heal. Now my back is killing me. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. And I'll also probably put the support belt back on because the sores don't hurt very much, but my back does. Oh, the things nobody warns you about when you get pregnant! However, since my back pain is caused because I carry 99% in my belly (ie: you cannot tell from behind that I'm pregnant), I cannot complain about that. Only about seven weeks to go. I can deal.

2 comments:

  1. Yuck. Can you wear it over your shirt, or over a thin undershirt? I had a similar irritation from my post-partum support band and sometimes just couldn't let it touch my skin so wore it on the outside. It's not cute, but it helped without hurting me more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really like having it over my shirt, I tried doing that when I first got it last time. And even with our lack of heat, I don't think I could handle another layer over my belly. It's only for a few more weeks anyway. I can deal.

    Was the post-partum band because of the c-section, or just to help get your belly back to normal? I was thinking of looking into them for me.

    ReplyDelete