Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm back!

Okay, we got back Wednesday night, but I'm still recovering. So a few quick notes on traveling with a toddler. I'd say that this was our most successful trip in terms of #1 sleeping fantastically well and staying on schedule. It helps that there wasn't any type of agenda on our trip, previous ones have been all about seeing people/going to events so I had less schedule control than this time. We also drove, and drove leaving at naptime to and from, which is always better than cross-country flights (even though the last two flights were at night and sleeping was accomplished during most of them). I arranged activities based entirely on what would be of interest to my son: lots of playgrounds, a science museum and an aquarium. So I didn't get to do any of my stuff; there will be plenty of years for that in the future. And another key part: we only did stuff in the morning. I tried to keep the overstimulation to a minimum so activities before lunch, relaxing in the afternoons. This was also for me, but since my naps were routinely interrupted and the mattress was too firm to be comfortable for me, this didn't help much. It also helped that we were upgraded at the hotel to a two-bedroom suite so #1 had his own room, but that's not something I can count on all of the time (it does make me want to splurge for extra rooms whenever possible, though!!). Oh, and my baby slept in a bed the whole time and did quite well in it. He's growing up! sniff, sniff!

No comments:

Post a Comment