Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The things we take for granted . . .

The other day I was taking something out of the oven when I realized that I didn't have to bend over for it. Since I can barely bend anymore, and I can only squat so much in one day, this is a huge deal. My kitchen was designed by me and I have a double oven. Which means that the top one is just at the right height for me to reach in without having to bend at all. And my countertops are high enough that everything is at a perfect level (I'm not super tall, but I am 5'9" and regular countertops are a little low for me). I might be standing away from my sink, but it's still at a good level. Even the banister on our stairs is two inches higher than normal, which makes it at a better height for me. All of these little things add up to less back strain for poor pregnant me. I had realized that although my lower back is starting to get a little achey on me, this is a good three or four months later than back pain started with #1. It might help that I'm not sitting at a desk all day, or that I've already done physical therapy for back problems once this pregnancy (plus last pregnancy), or that I'm much more aware and careful, but whatever it is, I'm grateful for it! So here's to the little things in life that make pregnancy less miserable!

No comments:

Post a Comment