Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Braxton-Hicks

While I am thrilled to bet getting them, and have for the past few weeks, something I was not told prior to this pregnancy is that they are more painful and start earlier the second time around (or can be). So it kind of freaked me out the first few times. I had them for the last two months of my first pregnancy and it was really neat to have proof that my body was getting ready. This time, if I have a couple in a row, I start getting a little freaked out, too. But, I'm trying to consciously choose instead to concentrate on relaxing and breathing through them: they're practice contractions, so I'm practicing my method of dealing with the real deal. It's all about staying in the moment.

End note: so a little part of me is also freaked out that if the Braxton-Hicks are more uncomfortable this time, will I know for certain when the real deal starts? I had another dream of a super-fast labor, 23 minutes, but this one didn't go as well as my previous pregnancy dreams. Just that the midwives were really blasse about coming and then I had major breastfeeding issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment