Thursday, June 17, 2010

Make-up review: Tarte

Yeah, I'm grasping at straws a bit this week, I'm still sick, so please forgive me. Anyway, a while back I got a bunch of Tarte samples from Sephora and since they're a relatively eco-friendly company, I thought I'd write the reviews.

Lip gloss: not too bad. The colors are really sheer (I received 15 glosses for Christmas, plus one more in my sample kit) and don't last a super long time, but they are gloss, after all. I do like the scent and texture; not too sticky and I'm not constantly pulling my hair out of my lips.

Eyeliner: EmphasEYES in black. I really like the liner. It's not super black, but it smudges so nicely and stays put all day. It's also a twist-up, so I don't have to worry about sharpening it and it always has a decent point.

Mascara: Lights, Camera, Lashes! also in black. I'm loving the mascara. I have long, full lashes to begin with, but they're stick straight and not super dark, so this does the job of emphasizing my lashes beautifully and also hasn't clumped, smudged or flaked. And it washes off easily!

Shadow primer: Lifted Natural Eye Primer. My skin is light enough that this works as an under-eye concealer for me, too. It's okay. Actually, it does a really good job of keeping my eyeshadow on (not that I have a huge problem with this), but it does so good of a job that it becomes more difficult to wash off. So if you need a primer, this is great, but otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Primer: Ugh, it smells funny. Not in a "it's gone bad" sort of way, just in a chemically way. Which is probably because it doesn't have any really bad stuff in it to mask smells, but I don't like the smell. However, it does do a good job and my skin feels really smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment