Thursday, July 1, 2010

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_raspberry_leaf

I asked my midwife at my last appointment (last Thursday) about drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea as I had heard about it on a natural childbirth board. Basically I was told it couldn't hurt. So last Sunday I stopped off at Whole Foods and bought three boxes, two Traditional Medicine brand and one Yogi Tea brand. The Traditional Medicine is just 100% RRL, the Yogi Tea has a bunch of other stuff in it, including mint. Right now, I'm liking the plain tea the best. It tastes almost like black tea, but without the caffeine. I usually drink it straight, but it's not bad with some honey, either. The benefits are that it's high in a bunch of vitamins (see Wiki site), and since I need to keep my fluids up, this is another way to do that. So I'm drinking a liter of tea, and trying to get in a liter of water, plus whatever milk I drink. I'm doing better some days than others. Anyway, I'll go ahead and recommend the tea, as I can't find any negatives to drinking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment