Saturday, June 12, 2010

Swollen ankles

Ugh, they're back (imagine in little girl's voice from Poltergeist). I have not been good about putting my feet up the last few days and I am now paying the price for it. My feet and ankles are one mass of swollen flesh, it looks like I just have stumps at the end of my legs, from really old trees. This is a lovely reminder to me to STAY OFF OF MY FEET! Or at least rest for a reasonable amount of time every day. Part of the problem is that I use a laptop, and I am loath to have the computer actually on my lap, close to my baby. Well, I don't have a choice right now, if I want to be on-line at all. (although, I must interject: I went six days without my computer while we were on vacation and didn't really miss it. But if it's plugged in, I feel like I must be checking things!!) So back to the basics: rest, fluids, and listening to my body. Maybe a bath with some salts in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment