Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pillows

Comfort, it's the hardest thing to obtain during pregnancy, particularly once your stomach starts sticking out and has its own gravitational pull. Sleep is the worst. Before my first pregnancy I was a back sleeper. That's how I was most comfortable and as an added plus, it's the position least likely to cause wrinkles. Then my back went all out of wack because of the thirty pounds of belly and nothing has ever been the same. This pregnancy my belly popped super early, so I've already been dealing with sleep discomfort (besides the excessive peeing and general nausea). My first pregnancy I resisted as long as possible (what can I say, I was dumb), but for several weeks now I've been adding pillows. So far I'm up to three additional. As soon as I got pregnant (before I even had a positive test) I had added a pillow under my head to help with the extra mucus in my head. A few weeks later I added a pillow between my knees for side-sleeping. It makes turning over a pain, but it definitely adds to the comfort level. Last week I added my belly wedge. This is a $15 half-moon wedge that helps support the belly. It hasn't made a huge difference, but it does help. Last time this made a world of difference, why I waited until about seven or eight months, I'll never know. A lot of women swear by the body pillows, but I didn't want to go there and I also feel like the bed is just too small for one. Although, I will keep adding pillows, so that really might be a wash. Just wait, I'll be up to about seven additional pillows by the end :).

No comments:

Post a Comment