Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pain!

Back in 2003, when my husband and I were in the early bliss of our relationship, we were horsing around in the pool one day. He was tossing me around and, deceived by the weightlessness of the water, I attempted to throw him. Big, big, BIG mistake. I wrenched my back and tweaked my hamstring. For the most part I'm fine, but every once in a while I have a flare-up for a couple of days. Add in pregnancy and I've been in excruciating pain much of today with limited mobility. I managed to hold it together to host a community meeting this morning, but then I took a nap and could barely get out of bed. I would normally get in the jacuzzi tub, but not while pregnant!

So, what can I do? When I had back pain (unrelated) during my last pregnancy I went to physical therapy and it helped 100%. Monday morning I will be calling my GP first thing to set up an appointment to get a referral (don't you love all of the hoops you have to jump through for insurance?) to a physical therapist. In the mean time, I'm using a heating pad and getting massages from my husband. And just biting my tongue since I refuse to take any pain meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment